The diary of Ma Yan : the struggles and hopes of a Chinese schoolgirl / edited and introduced by Pierre Haski ; translated from the French by Lisa Appignanesi.
- 1 copy at Alexander Hamilton Memorial System.
- 7 copies at SPARK Library System. (Show)
0 current holds with 7 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Alexander Hamilton Memorial Free Library||J 951.05 MA (Text)||37268000831974||AHMFL Juvenile Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0060764961
- ISBN: 006076497X (lib. bdg.)
- Physical Description: 166 p. : ill., map, ports. ; 22 cm.
- Edition: 1st American ed.
- Publisher: New York : HarperCollins, 2005..
|General Note:|| "The diaries were originally translated from the Mandarin by He Yanping."
Translation of: Le journal de Ma Yan.
|Summary, etc.:|| Thrust into the hands of a foreign journalist by her illiterate mother, Ma Yan's diary describes her struggles to attend school in a drought-stricken corner of rural China--a place where education is the only hope for overcoming a life of crushing poverty.
|Target Audience Note:|| 4-6 Baker & Taylor
Search for related items by subject